Happy Holidays From
The Los Angeles Women's Theatre Festival
Dear Festival Supporter,
On behalf of the Board of Directors of the Los Angeles Women's Theatre Festival and Honorary Chairpersons Danny Glover and Hattie Winston, we wish you and yours a very happy Holiday Season. At this time of giving and receiving, we particularly want to express our gratitude for your contributions to LAWTF.
2015 certainly has been a banner year for LAWTF having:
- Successfully celebrated our 22nd Anniversary in March
- Offered extraordinary performers for our 22nd Annual Festival at the Electric Lodge by presenting diverse programming to appreciative audiences
- Honored another 5 extraordinary women with our Annual Theatre Awards
- Offered our 3rd Annual all-day workshops and panels for our educational EMPOWERMENT DAY
- Hosted our Wine-Down Wednesdays Mixers in partnership with restaurants
- Presented our 5th annual, sold out Ivy Substation program at The Actors' Gang
It is hard to believe that what began in 1993 as a passionate group of women solo artists with the mission of collectively supporting each other creatively has now also:
- Produced over 500 diverse solo artists of excellence from around the globe including those from France, England, Russia, India, Brazil, and Canada
- Expanded our outreach programming with free performances throughout LA
- Touched the lives of over 3000 youth in schools
- Crossed mediums on public access TV to reach television audiences globally
- Offered educational outreach programming to seniors, at-risk youth, ex-offender women and low-income artists
At this time of giving, we humbly ask that you remember LAWTF. Would you please take a moment to write a tax-deductible check or visit our website at www.lawtf.org to make a PayPal contribution of any amount while this letter is still in your hands?
Donations will support our 23rd Annual Festival from March 24-27, 2016 again at the Electric Lodge, community outreach programs and educational workshops and panels. You will be acknowledged in our monthly newsletter, 23rd Commemorative Program, and as mentioned, your year-end donation by December 31st, 2015 is tax-deductible as allowed by the law.
Thank you in advance for your continued support of the Los Angeles Women's Theatre Festival and we look forward to seeing you in March!
Best wishes for a very magical and miraculous 2016!
Adilah Barnes, Co-Founder/President