|20th Anniversary Festival Logo|
LAWTF identifies and satisfies a need for women artists to share their individual voices, both culturally and experientially. Solo artists of diverse disciplines including actors, dancers, story tellers, performance artists, performance poets, sculptors and comedians, are the reason why LAWTF is a celebration of women as artists and cherishes the dignity of women in their roles as daughters, mothers and shapers of the community.
It is hard to believe that what began as a passionate group of women solo artists with the mission of collectively supporting each other, has resulted in:
• Producing over 400 diverse solo artists of excellence from around the globe
• Developing and producing new works in our Wisdom Wednesdays solo writing workshops
• Expanded outreach programming to touch the lives of over 3000 youth in schools
• Crossed mediums to reach television audiences globally through our cable show
• Bestowing over 50 theatre awards to women in theatre
Thank you for supporting our organization. With the generosity of our funders, Board members, performers, teaching artists, volunteers and you, we have far surpassed our early vision.
Visit our Website: www.lawtf.org